Now I know I’m still pretty green when it comes to painting but these little bastards have to be the most difficult project I’ve done so far. These are two swarm of rats I completed a few months ago. When I bought them I endeavored to make them more unique than just a solid color. Clearly I half failed. I started with the multicolor swarm, and I was extremely happy with the end results. They are all unique and have their own personalities with their little spots and splotches. One of them has a little heart in his fur. I am genuinely proud of how they look, but damn if it didn’t take three hours.
I think this has by far been my favorite project so far. It was really fun to plan out how unique it was to be and actually seeing it how I pictured it in my head was really satisfying. I wanted , so badly, to make the rest of the swarms unique patterns but doing the one was very exhausting and honestly I didn’t anticipate doing as well a job with the others. Although now, literally as I write this, I realized that there is one more prepped swarm that I forgot to paint. Maybe I will do another unique pattern.
This was easily the most fun I’ve had with this hobby. I am really looking forward to what comes next. Thanks for reading Dungeoneers, and if you liked what you saw please consider donating to my ko-fi, till next time.
The base coat paints I used are Reaper MSP and Vallejo Game Color:
- Base fur: 2x Desert Sand
- Secondary fur:
- 1x Pure Black
- 1x Mountain Stone, 1x Dragon White
- 1x Leather Brown, 1x Dragon White
- 1x Harvest Brown
- Tails and Ears: 2x Scarlett Red, 1x Dragon White
- Grass: 1x Naga Green, 1x Dragon White
- Base Fur: 2x Desert Sand
- Second Layer Base Fur: 2x Pure Black
- Tails and Ears: 1x Candlelight Yellow
- Grass: 2x Naga Green, 1x Candlelight Yellow